When it comes to media, it’s good to be prepared and know that anything can happen. Fortunately, there are programs that can help you recover lost or deleted media, get a better look at photos, and help you pull media off of storage devices that have crashed.
When looking at which programs are the best there are 5 main factors that need to be considered. We will look at those below and tell you the top 4 programs that were tested and also meet these factors.
Factor #1: Security
This is the biggest factor that was tested. You want to make sure that whatever program you use is going to be safe. You don’t want to end up having your information stolen or end up getting a virus on your computer. When testing the websites, a program called Valkyrie was used that checked to make sure the programs were virus-free and that they wouldn’t damage your computer.
Factor #2: Recovery Ability
This next factor is also very important. When testing one of the things that was looked for was what kind of formats were recovered. Some of the biggest formats were JPEG, PNG, RAW, video formats, and audio formats. You want to make sure that the program you use will recover the type of media formats that you are trying to get back.
Factor #3: Supported Devices
When testing the programs, it was checked that they could recognize different types of storage devices, such as memory cards and flash drives. This is such a big deal because, most of the time, your media will be stored on a device and if the program can’t recognize them then it is pretty much useless. Not being able to recognize devices means your media can’t be recovered.
Factor #4: Ease of Use
While this one isn’t one of the most important things, it is still one of the things that was looked for. The programs had to be easy to use and have a good graphical user interface(GUI). Without these, people are going to have a much harder time trying to figure out how to use the program and be able to actually recover their data.
Factor #5: System Compatibility
This is the last factor that was considered and it’s a pretty important one. The first reason for this is that while most programs can run in Windows or Mac, some are only compatible with one or the other. With that being said, you want to make sure the program can run with the latest operating systems such as Windows 10 and macOS Sierra or OS X El Captain. Also, you want to make sure that you have a program that updates a lot. This will ensure that it is safe and has the latest safety measures.
Now that we have went over the top 5 factors, we are going to look at the 4 programs that are the best for recovering media files and why they are the best.
Program #1: Easy Digital Photo Recovery
- Only works with Windows, including: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8. Although it didn’t say it worked with Windows 10, when tested it worked fine.
- Recovers many formats including: JPEG, TIFF, and RAW.
- Scans for pictures quickly and you can preview all the images
- Has multiple languages, including: English, French, Spanish, and German
Program #2: Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery
- Works with Windows and Mac
- It can recover images, video, and music.
- Can recover many formats, including: JPEG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, RAW, MP3, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, and WAV
- Supports storage devices, including: digital cameras, flash drives, and PC/Mac hard drives excluding SSDs.
Program #3: Odboso Photo Retrieval
- Only works with Windows
- It can recover photos, videos, and audio.
- It can recover from hard drives and storage devices, including: digital cameras, cell phones, and memory cards.
- Good for almost any situation, including: accidental deletion, disk formatting, and hardware malfunctions.
Program #4: Remo Recover Media
- Works with PC and Mac and is compatible with all versions of both, including: Windows 10. macOS Sierra, and mac OS X El Capitan
- It can identify and restore up to 60 different media formats from devices that include: Ipods, flash drives, memory cards, camcorders, and hard drives.
- It has a feature called deep cleaning that will scan your entire disk drive and get back any deleted, lost, or formatted pictures, videos, and audio files that are found.
As you can see, these are the top 4 programs and they will help you recover any files that you might need!
Lose photos, file, message, call history from other IOS devices? Don’t worry! Please follow this guide to easily recover lost, deleted or formatted files.